Friday, December 31, 2010

Soul Survivor - Change Gon' Come



So it's been a loooooonnnnggggg time since I have posted. I don't generally make New Year's Resolutions, but if I had one to make, it would be to keep up with my trusty blog - for you guys AND for me! I don't know about you, but it has been a rough year for me. I've ran from some things, and right smack into other things. I feel bruised and damaged mentally, physically and spiritually to put it mildly.  Actually, 2010 can suck it (see photo). But the great thing about 2010 is that it doesn't last forever. There's a brand new year approaching, and dammit, I'm determined to Sam Cooke it this year - a change IS gonna come! So here are 5 questions I found to gain some perspective going into the new year:

1. What gave me joy this year?


2. What did I take offense to? And did I really need to take offense?

3. Is there someone I should forgive?


4. What are the highlights of my character? My strong points?


5. How will I try to sustain happiness?


Some may find these questions difficult to answer, but try. You will be surprised by the answers. I've answered them already, and I feel like I know a little more about who I am, and who I want to be.

Here's what you can look forward to from Eat, Seek and Be Merry for 2011!

Soul Survivor 
Happiness: Choice or Circumstance? 
Coping with Loss, and the Brands of Grief
Dust Yourself Off and Try Again: Dating After The End of a Relationship Era


Tales of a Foodie


Reader's Choice - Most Requested Recipes!
Before and After - Some of my favorite Appetizer and Dessert Recipes
Themes: Menu Options for Every Occasion


Kiss My Glass


Thinking Outside The Glass - New Drink Recipes with Unconventional Ingredients
More Mocktails for the Non-Drinker
Boozing Up Your Favorite Childhood Drinks


Naps, Mishaps and Product Caps


The New Adventures of Old Torie's Hair - New Style Ideas for 2011
The Perfect (Hair) Cocktail
The Process - It takes more than just the perfect product


Black Girl's Think Tank


Top 5 Favorite Magazines and Why
Top 5 Favorite Books of All Time
Steve Harvey - Friend or Foe to the Black Woman?


I am excited for what's to come, and I hope you'll continue to join me for the ride. Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure have missededed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I miss doing it! Life happens. But I'm tryna be back! I'm catching up on yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Excited to see what 2011 brings!

    ReplyDelete