Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Curlie in 3C - Smelly Hair Products

I cannot stand a stinky hair product.



I don't care how great the product is, if I have to hold my breath until the next wash day, it's a no go for me. I'm pretty easy - I pretty much like all things fruity and floral as far hair products go...I don't even mind a tiny bit of minty goodness (i.e. Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme and all of Dr. Miracle's Curl Care line.) But there are some hair product scents that are just unbearable to me! I've even had to wash my hair twice in one day because of a bad call on a smelly product. 

Of course, it's all objective. There have been plenty of times where I will turn my nose up at a product's scent only to have one of my girlfriends look at me like I have two heads, exclaiming "You don't like it?!?! Girl, I LOVE the way this smells!" Below are my Top 5 Most Wonderful Smelling Curly Products. They are all styling aids, because its rare that my hair hangs on to the scent of the conditioner - especially since I always follow with a styling product. 

My Top 5 Most Wonderful Smelling Hair Products

1. ANYTHING made by Karen's Body Beautiful. She creates all of her products in multiple scents so you get to choose. The scents are heavenly - Luscious Pear, Egyptian Musk, Coco Lime, Coconut and Fig, just to name a few. It's a no-brainer. 

2. Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie. This stuff smells like a fresh fruit salad with coconut and marshmallows, and it's not terribly overpowering. When my hair is freshly styled with it, I almost always receive a compliment on the smell. 

3. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls. Ironlically enough, the product brags about being a "fabric softener for the hair", and my friends and I often joke about how it smells like Suavitel. Well I like Suavitel. The smell is powerful, but since I like it, I don't mind at all! It dies down as your hair dries anyway, but it doesn't totally go away. 

4. Elasta QP's Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer. I just received a full size of this product in my December CurlBox and I love it. It smells exactly like the name. The mango is prominent, but mellow. It smells delicious enough to eat. 

5. I Love My Fro Orange Vanilla Shea Butter Whip. I received a sample of this product at an event I attended. As soon as I opened the container, I wanted to grab a spoon. It smells like orange vanilla cake icing! My hair is usually not a fan of shea butter in certain forms (3C Problems) but I had to work it into a hair cocktail of some sort so I could use it! 

Those are my favorite smell good, natural gal products. What are some of yours? Have you tried any of the ones I listed? If so, do you agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment