Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Naps, Mishaps and Product Caps - The LottaBody Experience

So after seeing my friend Danielle's beautifully set waves, I decided to try her regimen. As mentioned in my previous post,  I was going to use LottaBody Setting Lotion, cornrow my hair with the setting lotion (and my hair was still damp) and let it dry. Then the next day, take them out and rock the waves. Then my soror informed me that LottaBody had another product that might work a little better on my thirsty curls.

LottaBody with Olive Oil! So I followed the directions and mixed it one part setting lotion with two parts water (the setting lotion is concentrated). Then Danielle gelled the front back with a protein gel, sprayed each section and cornrowed my hair.



Then we blow-dried it a little to make sure that when I took them out the next morning, it would be completely dry. (That's Danielle drying - isn't her hair gorgeous?)


When I first took the cornrows out, I loved the way the waves were set. But I could feel that my hair was already a little dry; I should have put a leave-in conditioning moisturizer in my hair before putting the setting lotion on. Below is Day 1.


The second day I had to put some moisturizing cream and oil in it, but the shape held up nicely. Below is Day 2. (Please forgive me for looking like I hate life, lol)
What I really liked about the LottaBody is that it set the lengthening I got by cornrowing my hair. I also liked that my waves/curls were consistent all over; no straight pieces! I washed and cornrowed on a Thursday. It was done for by Monday, so it's basically a 3-4 day hairstyle. With my usual regimen, the length varies; sometimes it will draw up more, depending on the weather and humidity, and how long it's been since my last wash/co-wash. Below are two examples of what my hair looks like after my normal regimen - do you see the difference?


Tonight I tried it again, only this time before putting the LottaBody setting lotion in, I put in a leave-in conditioner and BioSilk Silk Therapy. I'm hoping this will give me length as it did this time, plus a little more definition, shine and moisture. Still not convinced that this style will be a regular, but I'm not giving up yet! Follow up to come!


 Do you have a special part of your regimen to lengthen your curls? Do you twist set, braid or cornrow to set your waves/curls? Let me know if you have tried a similar experience with your natural do.

Also, stay tuned...I'm going to testing pure coconut oil as a conditioner and a cinnamon gloss to lighten/dye my hair!

7 comments:

  1. I am going to steal this for a product review on my blog. Don't worry, you'll get full credit, and I will link it back to here. :) Love you lots *Muah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair!!

    its so full and so healthy!

    How many years of growth is this??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob TT! Thanks JenellyBean! And I've been natural for almost 7 years in the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty!! I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should! And let me know how it works for you. I'll be posting pics of it with the leave-in conditioner...its so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome as usual. The hitch for me is the cornrowing part. I have no skills at all in that area. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I brought the Lotta Body with Olive Oil, and I'm going to do my hair this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete